- You are free to browse our web site anonymously, without setting up any type of account or providing any personally-identifiable information. However, when you are ready to place an order, you will need to establish an Account. The information you provide in your account will allow us to process your orders and notify you of your order status. To set up your account, we need to know your name, shipping address, credit card billing address, credit card number, credit card expiration date, phone number and email address. You can make changes or updates to your Cart information during the check out process.
- For your protection, we do not store your credit card number in your account file. This means that once you leave the checkout process, your credit card number is no longer accessible and must be re-entered during any future checkout processes. We've designed our system this way so that if someone using your computer does gain unauthorized access to your SmartCart account, they will not be able to see your credit card number.
Email Subscriber List
- During the Account set-up, we ask if you would like to be on our email list. We offer two choices: "Yes, keep me informed" and "No, send order-related emails only". If you choose "Yes", you will receive messages about new products, special offers and other important developments at pulsewan.com. If you choose "No", you will only receive messages essential for processing your orders.
- All emails sent to our subscriber list provide a convenient way to un-subscribe if you choose to do so.
Personal Tracking System
- Our Personal Tracking System requires a valid email address, which will uniquely identify your Personal Tracking List, and allow us to send you any email messages you optionally request. The email address you provide will be used only for purposes directly related to your Personal Tracking List.
- Also, our Personal Tracking System allows you to create multiple lists. For your convenience, your browser is assigned a cookie to identify the email address of your active list. Your browser must be able to accept a cookie, or you will have to identify your active list every time you use it.
- The form for requesting a Return Merchandise Authorization asks for your name, email address, and telephone number. This information allows us to reply to product return requests.
Other Information Collected Automatically
- pulsewan.com's web site may collect information from web site visitors that is not personally-identifiable, including the visitor's operating system, browser type, IP address, and the specific web pages on the pulsewan web site that are accessed or visited. If you come to our site via a link, we may capture the location of the site you linked from. pulsewan.com only collects this information in the aggregate, and only uses such information to better tailor our web site content to user needs, and to help us and our vendors measure the level of response to advertising and promotional campaigns.
Limiting Employee Access to Information
- pulsewan.com limits employee access to personally-identifiable information to those with a business reason for knowing such information. pulsewan.com educates its employees so that they will understand the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy. pulsewan.com also takes appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce employee privacy responsibilities.
Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures
- pulsewan.com maintains appropriate security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information.
Information about "Cookies"
- An additional concern of Internet users is the imprint a web site may leave on the user's hard disk during a visit. This imprint is commonly referred to as a "cookie". A "cookie" is a small piece of information a web server can store with your web browser in the form of a cookie file so that it can later retrieve that information. Importantly, a web server can only retrieve the contents of the cookie file it put there, and it can not access any other data on your hard disk. Also, a web server can not read cookie files put there by other web sites. Our purpose for using cookies is to make shopping and buying from our web site easy to do. Most Web browsers allow web users to exercise control over such files on their computers by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying the user when such a file is stored. You can learn more about cookies in your browser documentation.
- pulsewan.com is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on our web site to make shopping at pulsecom.com possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.