Danz Monitoring Fabric - Arista Networks
Predictive, App-aware, Flow Intelligence for Pervasive Analytics
DANZ Monitoring Fabric (DMF) is a next-generation network packet broker (NPB) architected for pervasive, organization-wide visibility and security, delivering multi-tenant monitoring-as-a-service. DMF enables IT operators to pervasively monitor all application traffic by gaining complete visibility into physical, virtual, and cloud environments. Deep hop-by-hop visibility, predictive analytics, and scale-out packet capture — integrated through a single dashboard — enables simplified network performance monitoring (NPM) and SecMon workflows for real-time and historical context, delivering a one-stop visibility solution for on-premise data centers, enterprise campus/branch, and 4G/5G mobile networks.
DMF leverages cloud principles to architect a new class of Network Packet Brokers (NPBs) for pervasive hybrid-cloud visibility. Powered by software-defined networking (SDN) controls, DMF provides a scale-out fabric design based on merchant silicon hardware, with integrated analytics and packet recording intelligence. Advanced traffic processing functions, including regex filtering, deduplication, slicing, masking, flow data generation/collection, and application recognition are provisioned through a single DMF fabric controller. Traffic can be aggregated and load-balanced to centrally located tools. Policies can be applied fabric-wide. And troubleshooting can be performed with a few clicks. DMF also provides role-based access controls, event thresholds and alerts, application dependency mapping, and machine learning for comprehensive, predictive insights.
Traditional Network Packet Broker vs. DANZ Monitoring Fabric
Traditional Network Packet Broker
- Box-by-box operations.
- Scale-up, hardware-constrained design.
- Chassis refresh extremely complex.
- Limited functions need 3rd-party tools.
- Proprietary, vendor lock-in.
DMF - One Logical Network Packet Broker
- Zero-touch fabric operations via DMF controller.
- Scale-out, universal fabric design.
- Fabric modularity simplifies change management.
- Integrated analytics and recorder functions.
- Ethernet and x86 Economics.
DMF Experience - Modular, Automated, Insightful
App or Network Issue?
- Rapid root-cause analysis for maximum uptime
- Centralized hop-by-hop troubleshooting to dramatically reduce network “mean time to innocence”.
- Enables application-aware drill-down to pinpoint unexpected connectivity issues, due to increased latency or packet drops.
- Integrates real-time and historical analytics for contextual insights on application trends.
- Uncovers network hotspots with extensive dashboard views for rapid root-cause analysis.
Empower IT with Network Time Machine
Record and replay for security and performance monitoring
- Integrates real-time analytics with record and replay of app/network traffic, for comprehensive security and performance monitoring.
- Empowers NetOps/SecOps with simplified end-to-end workflows driven by a single GUI dashboard.
- The modern, scale-out architecture delivers plug-and-play extensibility for increased capacity and performance.
- Presents richer and actionable insights by rapidly correlating real-time events with historical data.
Predictive Analytics for Autonomous IT
Deep learning for automated IT operations and insights
- Leverages Machine Learning and advanced statistical modeling for predictive network and application analytics.
- Telemetry through event-driven analytics and real-time network state enables automatic detection of security and performance anomalies.
- Intelligent alert and notification engine provides real-time issue tracking and dramatically improves “mean time to resolution”.
- Simplifies capacity planning by revealing hidden network data patterns via historical, real-time, and predictive dashboards.
DMF Visibility - Application-Aware, Latency-Aware, Flow-Aware
Application Dependency Mapping for Enhanced Reachability Analysis
Visualizations for app-to-app communications
- Discovers, visualizes, and optimizes critical business service dependency mapping to minimize adverse business impact.
- Drives troubleshooting agility by visualizing application dependency mapping to locate service performance issues.
- Streamlines application service capacity planning by identifying choke points leveraging ADM with historical data.
- Automatically detects and alerts application service.
Scale-Out Network Performance Monitoring
On-demand traffic visibility at any scale
- Scale-out network visibility with the integrated deployment of analytics nodes, service nodes, and recorder nodes.
- Institutes a “Build as you grow” model leveraging horizontal scale-out fabric architecture using industry-standard switches and servers.
- Simplifies visibility and security with scale-out automation for workload monitoring.
- Eliminates tool silos by centralizing tool farms leveraging one logical network packet broker.
Comprehensive Flow Intelligence
Flow data generation, analysis, and visualization
- Presents enterprise-wide actionable insights, deep visibility, and security analytics via intuitive, flow- aware dashboards.
- Provides comprehensive hop-by-hop views of application flows across the network.
- Enables packet-level drill-down for fine-grained L4- L7 security and behavioral analytics.
- Accelerates forensic investigations and compliance initiatives by creating an audit trail of historical network events.
DMF Operations - Intent-Based, Zero-Touch, Multi-Tenant
Declarative policy management
- Business intent translated to intuitive monitoring policies for rapid, fabric-wide provisioning at scale.
- The resilient design ensures policy intent in the event of device/link failure for continuous visibility.
- Expresses security intent through programmatic integration with security tools, for rapid threat detection and mitigation and capacity planning.
- Real-time intent verification and predictive analytics for health assessment, resource utilization, and capacity planning.
Zero Touch Monitoring Fabric
Built-in workflows for Day 0/Day 1/Day 2 Operations
- Rapid Day 0 deployment through auto-discovery and auto-provisioning of switches and auto-formation of one logical packet broker fabric.
- Faster Day 1 change management for the ongoing switch and cable replacements, and fabric-wide software upgrades.
- Speed-up Day 2 with intent-driven or API-triggered workflows enabling automated network-to-tool provisioning for packet and flow analysis.
- Comprehensive fabric life-cycle management from one dashboard — never touch a switch.
Centralized policy multi-tenancy and delegated administration
- Traffic isolation and administrative separation enable cloud-style monitoring-as-a-service compliance and regulatory governance.
- Rapidly partition DMF into multiple logical NPB fabrics dedicated per tenant compliance and regulatory governance.
- Dramatically Reduce TCO by leveraging shared resources across multiple monitoring teams' compliance and regulatory governance.
- Permits separation of duties between infrastructure teams and tool owners to meet compliance and regulatory governance.