Etherhaul 600/614 - 60Ghz Wireless Millimeter-Wave Bridge
The EtherHaul-600/614 wireless bridge delivers cost-efficient, interference-free, Ethernet connectivity. Operating over an uncongested band, the point-to-point radio link is swiftly deployed on any street furniture to enable capacity-hungry services. Starting with the EH-500/ EH-700 operating at up to 200Mbps and concluding with the EH-600/ EH-710 at speeds of 1Gbps, this family offers a range of capacities and corresponding distances supported. All radios in this family are TDD based, and use Siklu’s patented OFDM Modem designed for mmWave at 60 – 70/80GHz. Operation in these bands offers large swaths of spectrum and coupled with extremely narrow radio beams provides virtually interference-free operation today and tomorrow. This suite of products is designed to be lightweight and very small in size. These two attributes are of critical import when designing radios that are targeting street-level deployment.
Gigabit Throughput on Every Street
The EtherHaul™-600 series delivers up to 1Gbps in a form factor that is small enough and rugged enough to be deployed at street level on poles and light fixtures. With the EH-614, Siklu offers a model that can tune in the lower and upper portions of the 60GHz V-Band, covering 11GHz of spectrum in a single product. When operating in the upper 60GHz portion of the band, distances can be achieved that are as much as 50% further than operation in the lower bands due to the absence of oxygen absorption.
Interference-Free Operation and Scalable Deployments
The unlicensed 60GHz V-band spectrum avoids interference typically seen in unlicensed bands through a combination of means. With 7 to 9GHz allocated around the world and 14GHz in the US and the UK, there is ample spectrum for mass, dense deployments. The V-band is also characterized by pencil-thin beams, meaning a small amount of spatial separation is often enough isolation, allowing aggressive frequency reuse schemas of the 14 full-capacity non-overlapping channels.
Robust Carrier-Class Construction
The all-weather IP-67 sealed radio guarantees carrier-grade performance under even the harshest weather conditions. Designed to operate in temperatures from -45°C to +55°C this product has been deployed around the world from Siberia to Texas. Carrier-class specifications are backed up by an MTBF measured in decades not years.
Streamline Operations with Carrier Ethernet & Synchronization
The EH-600/614 both have MEF-compliant integrated Carrier Ethernet switches. This helps streamline operations with configurable service-aware QoS, bandwidth management and OAM. For mobile operators, optional built-in timing synchronization with Sync-E and 1588v2 ensures smooth performance over packet-based backhaul networks. With a built-in switch, customers avoid additional boxes, power supplies etc and can leverage not only the layer 2 features but can be powered from a PoE out port on the radio.
EtherHaul™ is the world’s bestselling millimeter-wave radio. Tens of thousands of units have been deployed and are performing reliably in stringent weather conditions all over the globe. The EH-600/614 incorporates Siklu’s integrated all-silicon technology, which increases reliability while reducing size and cost. The result is a small form factor radio with a proven 90-year MTBF and an unbeatable price/throughput.
With minimal deployment costs and virtually no maintenance, the EH-600 series minimizes Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and provides a Return On Investment (ROI) often measured in months, providing an unbeatable price/Mb. The EH-614 wide frequency support reduces TCO with less inventory while benefiting from extended range achievable with the upper 60GHz spectrum. With minimal deployment costs and virtually no maintenance, the EH-500TX minimizes Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and provides a Return On Investment (ROI) often measured in months; providing an unbeatable price/Mb.
- One of the smallest Gbps radios on the market delivering range and capacity, making site acquisition and installation of street furniture straightforward
- Carrier-grade predictable performance ideal for mission-critical network connectivity
- Up to 1Gbps throughput over ranges as far as 1.6 miles (2.6km)
- Field-proven advanced all-silicon integration yields a high 90-yr MTBF
- Installation and support of Siklu radios can be performed by anyone, with minimal training
- Optional integrated timing over packet 1588v2 and SyncE with SSM schemes facilitate reliable, accurate mobile backhaul synchronization
- Prioritized payloads using hitless adaptive modulation synced with 8 levels of QoS.
- Interference-free operation in the 60GHz band (EH-500 and EH-600) and the 70GHz band (EH-7X0)
- Wide frequency support covering from 57GHz to 66GHz in a single product (EH-500/600)
- The wide 60GHz band, pencil width beams and 11x non-overlapping, user-selectable channels yield the industry’s highest spectrum re-use factor (EH-500/600)
- Advanced networking toolkit to create flexible topologies in chains, drop & insert and sub-50msec resilient rings
- Designed for easy installation and commissioning using embedded tools to optimize channel selection, load testing and zero-touch commissioning
- A layer 2 product with a built-in Ethernet switch, QoS and 3x1G Base-T ports
- Dual PoE out for simplifying powering of cascaded radios, cameras, and other devices