EtherHaul Kilo 5500FD - 70/80Ghz Wireless Millimeter-Wave Bridge
The EH-5500FD delivers 5Gbps full-duplex layer 1 throughput for demanding networks in the metro, aggregation and trunking applications. 10Gbps full duplex available with Siklu OMT 2+0 kit. Characterized by pencil thin beams, E-band radios guarantee no interference and high reliability. The EH-5500FD radio delivers 5Gbps full-duplex (10Gbps with OMT 2+0) point-to-point wireless Ethernet connectivity to future-proof your network. Operating over the interference-free 71-76/81-86GHz band, the FDD EH-5500FD has additional output power and wider channels, making it easy for providers and enterprises to extend their networks by very quickly adding affordable, high capacity wireless links that are easy to install and maintain. High throughput and layer 1 low latency are combined to deliver fiber-like performance. The EH-5500FD incorporates adaptive bandwidth coding and modulation for high availability.
Creates Resiliency and Availability
The EH-5500FD easily integrates with Ethernet switches or MPLS routers to easily extend or backup any fiber connection while maintaining the highest layer 1 transparency with sub-10 microseconds latency. The E-band spectrum is uncongested, even in dense urban areas. E-band offers low licensing fees and quick coordination processes while maintaining the advantage of spectrum protection.
Small Size, Easy to Deploy & Manage
The all-outdoor radio has a tiny footprint that eases site acquisition. Its lightweight and small size contribute to quick and easy installation. Easy to use web GUI manages local and remote units and commissioning from a NOC is possible.
Based on Siklu’s Field Proven Platform
The EH-5500FD is the high-capacity 5Gbps evolution of the best-selling EtherHaul™ series - the world’s most deployed millimeter-wave radio. Tens of thousands of links have been deployed and are performing reliably in diverse weather conditions all over the globe.
The EH-5500FD provides a fast return on investment (ROI) and minimizes the total cost of ownership (TCO). The advanced 5Gbps system delivers an unbeatable price per MB. Its small and light form factor lowers installation costs, increases reliability and reduces site visits. Ultra-fast activation time with the unbeatable reliability will become your ‘winning card’ in any competitive environment.
Fast Spectrum Acquisition at Affordable Cost
The EH-2X00 series with its extended-range variant is the 2Gbps evolution of the best-selling EtherHaul™ series - the world’s top millimeter-wave radio. Tens of thousands of links have been deployed and are performing reliably in diverse weather conditions all over the globe.
- Small form factor, all-outdoor IP67 rated system
- Up to 10Gbps full duplex throughput over ranges as far as 4.3 miles (6.9km)
- Field-proven advanced all-silicon integration yields a high 90-yr MTBF
- Real-time connectivity with <10usec latency supports the most demanding delay-sensitive applications
- Optional integrated timing over packet 1588v2 and SyncE with SSM schemes facilitate reliable, accurate mobile backhaul synchronization
- Prioritized payloads using hitless adaptive modulation synced with 8 levels of QoS.
- Interference-free operation in the 70/80GHz band with TDD or FDD support
- Up to 10GHz of available spectrum in the 70/80GHz bands, pencil width beams with tiny Fresnel zone and up to 32 non-overlapping, user-selectable channels yield the industry’s highest spectrum re-use factor.
- One SKU supports the entire range in the 70/80GHz band
- Advanced networking toolkit to create flexible topologies in chains, drop & insert and sub-50msec resilient rings
- Designed for easy installation and commissioning using embedded tools to optimize channel selection, load testing and zero-touch commissioning
- With layer 2 support via a built-in Gigabit switch with extra copper and fiber ports enables seamless cascading
- PoE out for external powering of cameras and other devices
- MEF-compliant Ethernet OAM and CFM (IEEE 802.1ag / ITU-T Y.1731 / IEEE 802.3ah) for advanced monitoring and troubleshooting.