NetVanta 1544F - Fiber, Layer 3 Gigabit Ethernet Switch - 1700546G1#120
The NetVanta 1544F is a managed, 28-port, all-fiber, Layer 3, Gigabit Ethernet switch designed as an access layer or network backbone switch for small to medium businesses. With the combination of the advanced multi-layer switching fabric, high-bandwidth capabilities, and enhanced Quality of Service features, the NetVanta 1544F is ideal as an aggregation switch for high-bandwidth VoIP, Gigabit-to-the-Desktop deployments, converged voice and data networks, and campus applications.
The NetVanta 1544F rackmount switch provides 28 Gigabit Ethernet ports, consisting of 24 standard 1 Gbps Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) Ethernet ports and four enhanced 2.5 Gbps SFP ports. The enhanced SFP ports support standard 1 Gbps up to 2.5 Gbps data rates. Together the four enhanced SFP ports can provide up to 20 Gbps of bi-directional bandwidth between interconnected NetVanta 1544 switches.
The NetVanta 1544F supports advanced multi-layer (Layer 2 and Layer 3) switching. It supports static routes, RIP V1/V2, OSPF, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), allowing it to easily scale from small and medium-sized businesses to enterprise-sized customers.
Based on the ADTRAN® Operating System (AOS), this device offers support for Link Aggregation (802.3ad); Port Mirroring; port-based switching features including Broadcast Storm Control, Spanning Tree (802.1D) and Rapid Spanning Tree (802.1w) for faster network convergence, link redundancy, and recovery from topology changes. Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) auto-discovers neighboring Ethernet devices, simplifying integration into multi-vendor environments.
Virtual LANs (VLANs)
All NetVanta switches support 802.1Q trunking and up to 255 VLANs to allow network managers to separate broadcast domains for efficient network performance and traffic control. NetVanta 1544F also supports dynamic VLANs assigned via 802.1x. This is an ideal way to make sure users are automatically assigned to the correct VLAN, based on the login. Private VLANs are also available to provide extra security by isolating upstream traffic from user ports.
- 28-port, managed, Layer 3, Gigabit Ethernet aggregation switch
- Ideal as an access layer or network backbone switch for small to medium-sized businesses
- Standards-based for ease of interoperability
- 24 standard 1 Gbps SFP Ethernet ports; 4 enhanced 2.5 Gbps SFP ports
- Non-blocking switching capacity up to 68 Gbps
- 802.1Q VLANs, Private VLANs and VLAN assignment via 802.1xli>
- VoIP Ready with LLDP/LLDP-MED and Voice VLANs
- Recognizable Command Line Interface (CLI) and easy-to-use web GUI
- 1U, 19" rack-mountable metal enclosure
- Optimized for iSCSI Storage Area Networks (SANs) deployments