NetVanta 1544P - Layer 3 Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch - 1702545G2
The NetVanta 1544P is a managed, 28-port PoE, Layer 3, Gigabit Ethernet switch designed as an access layer or network backbone switch for Small to Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). With the combination of the advanced multilayer switching fabric, high-bandwidth capabilities, and enhanced Quality of Service (QoS) features, the NetVanta 1544P is ideal in Gigabit-to-the-desktop deployments, and converged voice and data networks.
The NetVanta 1544P rackmount switch provides 28 Gigabit Ethernet ports, consisting of 24 fixed 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet ports and four 2.5 Gbps SFP ports. Together the four SFP ports can provide up to 20 Gbps of bandwidth between interconnected NetVanta 1544P switches.
The NetVanta 1544P supports advanced multi-layer (Layer 2 and Layer 3) switching. It supports static routes, RIP V1/V2, OSPF, BGP and VRRP, allowing it to easily scale from small businesses to enterprisesized networks.
Based on the ADTRAN® Operating System (AOS), this device supports Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) which auto-discovers neighboring Ethernet devices, simplifying integration into multi-vendor environments.
The NetVanta 1544P has been designed specifically for VoIP. The ability to automatically configure IP phones using LLDP-MED, and the ability to separate voice traffic onto voice VLANs, helps ease the deployment of VoIP.
Quality of Service
NetVanta switches also support QoS to prioritize mission-critical traffic like VoIP and control network congestion. The NetVanta 1544P offers 802.1p and DiffServ Class of Service (CoS). It also supports frame tagging, as well as enforcement of tagged traffic received from trusted sources. Four egress queues (per port) are available for assigning traffic priorities using Weighted Round Robin (WRR) and Strict Priority Scheduling.
The NetVanta 1544P provides up to 370 watts of 802.3af (PoE), 802.3at (PoE+) and Legacy PoE for powering IP phones, WAPs,
- 28-port multi-layer Gigabit Ethernet aggregation switch
- 24-Gigabit Ethernet ports and four SFP optical ports
- Four enhanced 2.5 Gbps SFP ports
- 802.3af (PoE), 802.3at (PoE+)* and Legacy PoE
- Non-blocking, up to 68 Gbps switching capacity
- Line-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
- Static routes, RIP V1/V2, OSPF and BGP
- Desktop security audit
- DHCP network forensics
- 802.1Q VLANs, Private VLANs and VLAN assignment via 802.1x
- Advanced QoS with support for 802.1p and DiffServ prioritization with four queues per egress port
- Automate actions with Port Scheduler and TCL scripting
- VoIP ready with LLDP/ LLDP-MED and voice VLANs
- Business-class security with RADIUS, TACACS+, 802.1x and port security
- Cable and SFP diagnostics provides easy to use troubleshooting tools for copper and fiber cable
- Familiar CLI and Web GUI
- Next business day advance replacement
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Optimized for iSCSI Storage Area Networks (SANs) deployments