1148VX Client, CALA - 1179931F1
The ADTRAN 1148VX compact sealed FTTN solution allows service providers to realize 100 Mbps speeds with their existing copper infrastructure, economically delivering ultra-broadband services to the home using vectored VDSL2. ADTRAN designed the standalone, weatherproof 1100 Series FTTN systems to be mounted on a pole, pedestal, cross-box, remote terminal or other challenging locations, eliminating the need for expensive cabinet enclosures, heat exchangers and site construction, which account for a large portion of the total cost of deployment. This allows for ultra-broadband services deployment within days, instead of months, dramatically lowering deployment costs.
Cost-Effectively Expand Broadband Footprint
Integrated 10 Gigabit Ethernet switching in the 1148VX Host units allows connecting up to four 1148VX nodes to create an FTTN system that scales to 192 ports in a single managed node. With an external VRM, up to eight 1148VX nodes (384-subscribers) can be supported in a single managed node, accommodating long-term growth and lowering initial circuit costs. This eliminates the need for complex binder management required by less capable 48-port only board-level vectoring solutions. Ethernet Ring Protection Switching (ERPS) support enables the resilient connection of multiple nodes while minimizing aggregation port cost. The 1148VX is a future-proof solution with four 1/10GigE or GPON/10G PON uplinks ports. As demand grows, the system can be upgraded to 10G uplinks to deliver higher broadband speeds and enhance customer satisfaction. Integrated primary protection eliminates the need for extra equipment and provides the absolute smallest footprint for the 1148VX vectored VDSL2 system.
- Delivers ultra-low total cost of ownership for voice and video delivery
- Delivers robust 100 Mbps service by supporting system-level vectoring
- Environmentally sealed and temperature-hardened design tailored for deployment in extreme environmental conditions
- Eliminates noise for residential deployments due to passive cooling
- Provides high service capacity via 48 ports of vectored VDSL2 and POTS with integrated splitters and 10 Gigabit optical Ethernet uplinks
- Allows system scalability from 48 to 192 ports, field upgradable to 192-port system-level vectoring
- Enables wireline carriers to cost-effectively reduce loop lengths in order to maximize the performance of VDSL2 access technologies
- Reduces installation cost via flexible powering options (span, AC, and DC powering)