Cel-Fi QUATRA 1000/2000 - Active DAS Hybrid - In-building cellular coverage
In-building enterprise cellular system. A hybrid active DAS that solves coverage issues for 3G/4G/LTE.
Spotty cellular coverage, poor voice quality, dropped calls, and dead zones continue to plague occupants in middleprise buildings. Cel-Fi QUATRA is an Active DAS Hybrid that solves this problem. It is an affordable, all-digital solution. It provides uniform, high-quality cellular signal throughout a building, and is scalable to the size needed. Cel-FI QUATRA is carrier approved and guaranteed network safe.
Unlike older analog boosters and passive DAS technology, Cel-Fi QUATRA delivers a cellular signal that is up to 1000x stronger, utilizing CAT 5e cabling for RF and Power over Ethernet, with no signal attenuation right to the perimeter of the building. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be installed in just days (compared to months typical of other solutions), and at a price point that meets the middleprise budget.
- Up to 100 dB Active DAS Hybrid (1000x Stronger)
- Single or Multi-Carrier Solution
- 3G / 4G / LTE for Voice and Data
- Carrier-Approved and Unconditionally Network Safe
- Scalable All-Digital PoE Cat5e Solution for Middleprise
- Remote Monitoring and Management via WAVE Platform
Smart Cellular Coverage
Cel-Fi QUATRA is an active DAS hybrid solution for delivering high-quality in-building cellar coverage in middleprise venues. It combines the best of active DAS and the Cel-Fi technologies that have been widely adopted by carriers around the world. It operates in off-air mode or can be integrated with carrier small cell equipment and operated in distributed small cell mode, creating a Supercell. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be configured with components, for single or multi-carrier environments.
- Highest Coverage Gain: With 1000x more gain than the competition, Cel-Fi QUATRA delivers a stronger signal and provides a larger coverage footprint in environments where the incoming signal is weak. This ensures the strongest possible signal is sent to the inside antennas.
- Highest Downlink Power: With 4x more downlink power than the competition, QUATRA ensures the strongest signal is sent to inside antennas to provide the largest coverage footprint.
- Highest Uplink Power: 2x more uplink power than the competition allows for stronger signal transmission to the tower to maximize user capacity and increase the range from the cell site.
- Multi-Carrier 3G / 4G / LTE Voice and Data: Cel-Fi is the only cellular coverage solution available with up to 100 dB off-air gain and single or multi-carrier support for 3G / 4G / LTE Voice and Data. Each Carrier has dedicated maximized gain enhancement; no sharing limited bandwidth between carriers.
- Supercell Mode: QUATRA systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell. Supercells provide uniform access to the capacity introduced by the small cell, and are preferred by carriers in densely populated and high traffic areas.
- All Digital Cat5e PoE Solution: No need to deal with signal loss from coax or the high costs of Fiber. Use existing dedicated Cat5e lines, or simply drop new ones without permits or difficult trenching. Cat5e is an easy to deploy, all-digital solution that also delivers power from NU to CU.
- Built for Installers: Cel-Fi QUATRA ships with installer tools that simplify the planning process, equipment selection, and antenna aiming to automate the hard math calculations of RF Planning and eliminate the complexity of specifying the system for the unique venue requirements.
- Setup, Maintenance, and Remote Management: Cel-Fi provides the WAVE Portal application for easy setup, provisioning, and management via a Smart Phone or Cloud Portal, providing quick access to install and help your customers faster.
- Network Safe and Carrier Approved: Cel-Fi products are built on an advanced Intelliboost technology to deliver the strongest possible signal when and where needed. As the environment changes, Cel-Fi changes with it, without shutdown or interruption. Cel-Fi has partnered with carriers around the world to distribute their signal at the safest and highest levels, guaranteeing consistent coverage.
The Cel-Fi QUATRA Solution
The majority of cellular phone calls take place inside, but cell networks are outside. 80% of business users inside complain of poor coverage or dropped calls. A building’s materials, while improving energy efficiency, will block or inhibit cellular service from the outside network. To exacerbate the issue, cellular coverage is increasingly not optional. In fact, cellular coverage can be considered a safety or even regulatory requirement depending on the region. Building owners need a high-quality solution that can serve the middleprise and not take a year to deploy.
Integrators and Carriers have partnered with Cel-Fi to deliver a smart solution designed for middleprise buildings – Cel-Fi QUATRA solutions.
- Cel-Fi provides the QUATRA BOM Estimator to help installers select the appropriate equipment in the right quantity, to eliminate the heavy cost/time of the planning effort.
- Cel-Fi’s all-digital, scalable, PoE Cat5e solution makes it ideal for Single or Multi-Carrier environments.
- Cel-Fi created a new solution category that combines its core technology with the architecture of an Active DAS – to deliver an Active DAS Hybrid – built for Installers.
- Speed of Installation, higher quality in-building cellular solutions, and cost savings – are some of the reasons building owners, facility managers, and IT professionals are making the smart investment in the Cel-Fi QUATRA solution.
A Solution for the Carrier
Cel-Fi QUATRA is designed to improve indoor signal coverage without any risk of interference on the mobile network. Cel-Fi QUATRA provides a sophisticated network-safe solution that has been engineered to deliver multiple levels of network protection:
- Uplink power control to prevent desensitizing the network
- Echo-cancellation and feedback control
- Uplink muting, when handsets (UE) are not detected
- Signal qualification (channels are individually qualified, so noise or very poor signals won’t be amplified and degrade the network)
- The Cel-Fi WAVE Platform cloud-based portal enables an operator to monitor equipment and network KPI’s, such as channel configurations, RSRP, RSCP, SINR, and systems gains, providing control and optimization insight.
How it Works
Cel-Fi QUATRA is a scalable solution that utilizes one or multiple Network Units, depending on the environment and size of the space, with up to four distributed Coverage Units connected to each Network Unit.
Off Air Mode
Cel-Fi QUATRA can be installed off-air, using either a MIMO panel or Omni donor antenna to provide high-quality in‑building wireless connectivity. Cel-Fi QUATRA can be deployed by installers or IT personnel with Cat5e skills (no RF engineering skills needed).
A Supercell is comprised of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a small cell. Multiple Cel‑Fi QUATRA systems can be connected to a single small cell, or multiple small cells, to form a coordinated Supercell. A Supercell with Cel-Fi QUATRA is more efficient than multiple small cells, and the CUs of a Cel-Fi QUATRA system connected to a Supercell does not interfere with one another.
Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Network Unit (NU) is the hub of the system. The scalable design works with one to four Coverage Units to provide up to 50,000 square feet (5,000 square meters) of coverage.
- Provides donor signal to the Cel-Fi QUATRA system
- Provides power to Coverage Units (up to four)
- Connects to the Cel-Fi WAVE Platform for remote monitoring and management
- QUATRA 1000 version designed for Single Carrier MIMO
- QUATRA 2000 version designed for Dual Carrier
- Multiple QUATRA 1000 and 2000 units can be deployed for Single, Dual, and Multi-Carrier Solutions.
_ › Q34-2/5/12/66NU_EXA
_ › Q34-2/5/13/66NU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/8/20NU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/7/8/20NU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/7/8NU_EXA
_ › Q34-3/5/7/28NU_EXA
_ › Q34-4/5/12/13/25NU_EXA
_ › 264 x 185 x 62mm (40.8g)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU)
Cel-Fi QUATRA Coverage Unit (CU) is the remote unit of the system that rebroadcasts the donor signal. The cost-efficient and easy-to-deploy system leverage Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) for up to four CUs.
- Provides coverage in the Cel-Fi QUATRA system (up to four per Network Unit)
- Power delivered by Power-Over-Ethernet from the Network Unit
- Self-configuring and self-optimizing
- QUATRA 1000 CU compatible with QUATRA 1000 NU
- QUATRA 2000 CU compatible with QUATRA 2000 NU
_ › Q34-2/5/4/12CU_EXA
_ › Q34-2/4/5/13CU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/8/20CU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/7/8/20CU_EXA
_ › Q34-1/3/7/8CU_EXA
_ › Q34-3/5/7/28CU_EXA
_ › Q34-4/5/12/13/25CU_EXA
_ › 225 x 185 x 37mm (29.2g)