Optical Networking Edge (ONE)
The ADTRAN Optical Networking Edge (ONE) portfolio provides a revolutionary, edge-optimized Packet Optical Transport Solution that is seamlessly integrated with Broadband Ethernet service delivery in the Total Access 5000/5006. It delivers unmatched network access and edge scalability to enable service providers to efficiently address the bandwidth challenges created by exploding demand for video services, mobile data backhaul, cloud computing and other emerging services. The exponential growth of carrier-grade bandwidth blurs the distinction between access and transport networks. ADTRAN’s ONE portfolio enables service providers to bridge the gap between network access and transport, leverage their installed base, and extend the bandwidth efficiencies of the core all the way to the optical edge. It provides the modularity needed to address current and future services, while accelerating time to revenue, eliminating multi-box complexity, simplifying operations, and reducing costs.
Modular and Powerful
Based on a modular, Pay as you Grow architecture, the ONE solution combines CWDM, DWDM, Carrier Ethernet, SONET/SDH and OTN capabilities with advanced network management features for a complete multi-service delivery, aggregation and transport solution. With ONE, network access and edge can cost effectively scale from a single wavelength to 400Gbps or 880Gbps on a single fiber pair.
- Innovative right-sized packet optical solution integrated with services access and aggregation
- Optimized for small to medium networks providingpay-as-you-grow scalability up to 44 or 88 DWDM wavelengths
- Supports a variety of applications including mobile backhaul, business Ethernet, residential broadband, and data center connectivity.
- Delivers greater service flexibility, lower initial cost, smaller footprint, and lower power as compared to core systems designed for high initial capacity and long haul networks
- Delivers right-sized, multi-service OTN (G.709) switching and transport capabilities
- Optimized for tier 2/3 service provider markets