Ethernet Transport Optical Switch (ETOS-10N) - 1174130F1
The ADTRAN® Total Access® 5000 offers a versatile Carrier Ethernet Transport Optical Switch (ETOS) as part of the Optical Networking Edge (ONE™) product line. The addition of the ETOS-10 module to the ADTRAN Total Access 5000 allows service providers the ability to deliver as well as aggregate both 1 GigE and 10 GigE carrier grade services. Services which can then be transported on a per wavelength basis, using only a single fiber uplink to aggregate and transport multiple services whether for residential triple play, mobile backhaul or business Ethernet services. The core Ethernet features of this product include a flexible Ethernet processor and a leading density of 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ standard or DWDM fiber interfaces. The ETOS-10 supports flexible traffic management; Ethernet flow mapping, prioritization, tagging; and versatile management options which are required to respond to the demand for premium services.
Eliminates multi-box complexity with converged access, aggregation and packet optical transport via a single platform
Systems at the core are increasingly more elaborate and complex and are being developed to handle even more data. The requirements at the edge are entirely different; simplicity, multiservice, integration, and cost rule. Typically, only a few wavelengths are required to start. Space is often a premium, especially in huts and street cabinets. In some cases, the equipment needs to be environmentally and temperature hardened. ADTRAN's Optical Networking Edge (ONE) delivers an innovative right-sized Packet Optical Solution integrated with access and transport. It is optimized for tier 2/3 service provider markets. It supports a variety of applications including mobile backhaul, business ethernet, residential broadband, and data centers. ONE delivers low initial cost, smaller footprint, and lower power as compared to core systems designed for high initial capacity and very long site distances.
- Premium service scalability with multi 10GE aggregation and transport with subtended rings Over 200 Gbps throughput per slot
- Carrier class resiliency and redundancy with cross slot Ethernet access and transport ring ERPS topology via ITU-T G.8032v2
- MEF compliant
- OTN interfaces (OTU-2) for improved Optical SNR performance required for larger Metro and Regional networks (ETOS-10N)
- Four HS interfaces can be provisioned as OTN OTU-2 (ETOS-10N)
- SLA Management via Ethernet OAM performance monitoring tool sets
- Extreme temperature hardened for street cabinet deployments