OTN Transport Optical Switch (OTOS-1-8) - 1174121F1
The ONE solution delivers right-sized, multi-service OTN (G.709) switching and transport capabilities. The OTN Transport Optical Switch (OTOS-1-8) extends the OTN switching to the network edge while supporting “any service any port” and non-blocking OTN add-drop multiplexing (ADM) functionality. The single slot OTOS-1-8 includes eight multi-service client ports and an OTU-2 line port. OTOS-1-8 also supports an OTU-1 transponder mode connecting mid-speed to other mid-speed configured for OTN transport. The OTOS-1-8 module may be combined with any other Total Access® 5000 ONE and Access functionality, and when specifically paired with the ETOS (Ethernet Transport Optical Switch) and WDM modules, the Total Access 5000 delivers a powerful, versatile, yet compact packet optical networking platform.
Systems at the core are increasingly more elaborate and complex and are being developed to handle even more data.
The requirements at the edge are entirely different; simplicity, multiservice, integration, and cost rule. Typically, only a few wavelengths are required to start. Space is often a premium, especially in huts and street cabinets. In some cases, the equipment needs to be environmentally and temperature hardened. The ADTRAN® Optical Networking Edge (ONE) delivers an innovative right-sized packet optical solution integrated with services access and aggregation. ONE™ is optimized for small to medium networks providing pay-as-you-grow scalability up to 44 or 88 DWDM wavelengths. Designed for the video and mobility era, ONE supports a variety of applications including mobile backhaul, business Ethernet, residential broadband, and data center connectivity. ONE delivers greater service flexibility, lower initial cost, smaller footprint, and lower power as compared to core systems designed for high initial capacity and long haul networks.
- Eliminates multi-box complexity with converged access, aggregation and packet optical transport via a single platform
- Provides cost effective multi-service 10 Gig aggregation and transport of SONET/SDH, Ethernet, OTN, Fibre Channel, and CPRI
- Multi-service provisionable ports
- Non blocking OTN switching enabling flexible service add/drop at each site
- Carrier class resiliency and redundancy with cross slot OTN ring
- SLA Management via OTN OAM performance monitoring tool sets
- Supports delay sensitive applications due to solution's ultra low latency
- Extreme temperature hardened for street cabinet deployments