7800R3 Series - Arista Networks
Arista 7800R3 Series Universal Spine and Cloud Networks
Designed for the next generation of large-scale virtualized and cloud networks the Arista 7800R3 Series modular switches are the 3rd generation of the R-Series universal spine switches. They combine 400G and 100G density with internet scale table sizes and comprehensive L2 and L3 features. Advanced EOS features for network monitoring, precision timing, VXLAN network virtualization, and EVPN are combined with extensive hardware resources with a wide choice of systems and line cards to support lasting investment protection.
The 7800R3 Series enables highly scalable network designs with Segment Routing, MLAG, ECMP, EVPN, and VXLAN technologies.
The Arista 7800R3 Series FlexRoute™ engine and EOS NetDB provide the scalability to support the Internet IP routing scale with the low power consumption and fast convergence while scaling to millions of routes.
Arista Algorithmic ACLs enables flexible high scale access controls with expanded pattern matching, combined with sFlow sampling of all interfaces at the full forwarding capacity while providing additional capabilities for filtering.
7800R3 Architecture Advantages:
- Investment protection - backward and forward line card compatibility
- Consistent 7800R3 Series architecture ensures seamless migrations
- Distributed packet processor scales forwarding capacity linearly
- FlexRoute™ for Internet route table scale with low power draw
- Flexible pipeline for programmable features including Algorithmic ACLs and Inband Network Telemetry
- System-wide health monitoring
- High bandwidth intelligent and dynamic deep buffers for the most demanding traffic scenarios
- Virtual Output Queues avoid head of line blocking
- Cell-based fabric with redundancy for 100% efficiency and consistent low latency and jitter
- Optimized multicast forwarding
- Comprehensive counters with up to 16 classifications per flow for real-time monitoring and troubleshooting
- QoS Fabric fairness - no hot-spots with fabric mirroring enhancements
High-Performance Universal Spine
- Non-blocking 460Tbps of system capacity
- High-density 10/25/40/50/100/400G Ethernet
- 576 wire-speed 400G ports
- Ultra-deep buffers up to 24GB per line card
- Class-leading latency of 3.5usec
- 14.4Tbps of fabric capacity per line card
- Virtual Output Queues per port and CoS to eliminate the head of line blocking
- Single binary image
- Fine-grained truly modular network OS
- The scalable control plane for internet peering
- Extensible platform - bash, python, C++, GO, OpenConfig
- Resilient self-healing software
- Rich Streaming Telemetry solutions
- Over 10 Years of EOS innovations and experience with the R-Series Architecture
Scalable Cloud and Service Provider Designs
- Comprehensive switching and routing feature set with rapid convergence
- Segment Routing and EVPN Services for IX Providers and Cloud WAN
- IPv4 and IPv6 Overlay and Underlay support
- Internet-scale IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding tables up to 2.5M routes
- Large scale IPv4 / IPv6, ACLs, and QoS with flexible profiles
- Up to 48Bpps of wire-speed forwarding
- CloudVision® provisioning and automation
- VXLAN and 256-way multi-pathing for next-generation DC
- LANZ for microburst detection
- Accelerated sFlow for high capacity network security and application monitoring
- Inband Network Telemetry for flow and packet forensics at scale
- CloudVision for Workflow Automation and Orchestration
Arista 7800R3 Series Specifications
The Arista 7800R3 Series of modular switches deliver the industry’s highest performance with 460Tbps of system throughput to meet the needs of the largest scale data centers. With a choice of systems, the 7800R Series provides four or eight-line card modules, two supervisor modules, and six fabric modules. Designed for continuous operations and with system-wide monitoring of hardware and software components, simple serviceability, and provisioning to prevent single points of failure the hardware architecture supports high-availability with hot-swap of all components.
Arista 7500R3 Series Architecture
The Arista 7500R3 Series leverages a deep buffer virtual output queue (VOQ) architecture that is 100% efficient, eliminates head-of-line (HOL) blocking, and virtually eliminates packet drops even in the most congested network scenarios. An advanced traffic scheduler fairly allocates bandwidth between all virtual output queues while accurately following queue disciplines including weighted fair queuing, fixed priority, or hybrid schemes. As a result, the Arista 7800R3 Series can handle the most demanding data center requirements with ease, including mixed traffic loads of real-time, multicast, and storage traffic while still delivering low latency.
7800R3 System Comparisons:
Available in compact system design, as a choice of 12, 8, and 4 slots, the Arista 7800R3 Series enables a full range of wire-speed ports from 10G to 400G. It lowers the total cost of ownership as it is designed to be efficient with power per port as low as 25W per 400G port which combined with front to rear cooling to optimize the data center environment produces the most reliable, dense, and power-efficient modular switch.
Arista 7800R3 Series
|Description||Delivers high density, low power non-blocking Ethernet switching system.||Optimum form-factor for medium to large deployments.|
|Forwarding Rate||48 Bpps||24 Bpps|
|Airflow||Front to Rear||Front to Rear|
7800R3 Line Cards Comparison:
The 7800R3 Series offer a broad choice of line cards with a choice of speed and density options up to 48 ports of wire-speed 100G and 40G, or 36 ports of 400G. Every 400G interface supports a choice of speeds including 25G and 50G providing unparalleled flexibility and the ability to seamlessly transition data centers to the next generation of Ethernet performance.
|Ports||36 400G OSFP||48 100G QSFP||48 100G QSFP|
|Forwarding Rate||6 Bpps||2 Bpps||2 Bpps|
Combined with the highly modular, robust Extensible Operating System (EOS), a dynamic smart deep buffer architecture with virtual output queuing for lossless forwarding, low latency, and wire-speed performance, the Arista 7800R3 line cards enable scalable and high-performance data center solutions.
Each 7800R3 Series line card delivers a consistent set of features supporting layer 2 and layer 3 data center designs with predictable and linear scaling. Arista's FlexRoute Engine enables full Internet routing coupled with support for a variety of IP/MPLS/VXLAN protocols.
|IPv4 Host Routes||896K||256K||1.4M||320K||2.8M|
|IPv6 Unicast Host Routes||224K||64K||368K||80K||736K|
|IPv4 Unicast LPM Routes||704K||1.3M||1.2M||2.5M||128K|
|IPv6 Unicast LPM Routes||235K||440K||411K||821K||42K|
Bulk data encryption at scale, high performance, and cost-effectively is a major challenge for cloud data centers. The Arista MACsec solution is integrated into a 7800R3 Series 48 port 100G line card offering high port density and secure performance at an efficient cost point.
The 7800R3 MACsec solution is fully compatible with all other 7800R3 Series line cards and utilizes proven encryption technology to protect traffic for simple and scalable data center interconnect. In addition to a choice of pluggable 100G optics, it can be used to secure links between tiers in leaf and spine data center designs. Standards-based IEEE 802.1AE (MAC Security standard, referred to as MACsec) capabilities provide line-rate frame encryption and authentication. This ensures confidentiality as well as providing anti-replay protection and therefore confidence in the integrity of encrypted traffic.
- High-density MACsec solution for Cloud Data Centers integrated with 7800R3 for highest density and performance in a modular platform
- Cost and performance optimized for Data Center Interconnect (DCI) and Leaf-Spine connections to securely transport massive volumes of traffic
- Secure transport of data over distance with MACsec encryption eliminating additional intermediate devices
- 48 port 100G line card delivers full 9.6Tb of full-duplex bandwidth
- Delivers up to 2 Billion packets per second of wire speed L2 and L3 IP forwarding
- Internet-scale IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding tables
- Compatible with all 100G and 400G line cards for 7800R3 Series
- IEEE 802.1AE MACsec 100G encryption on all ports
- Pluggable 100G QSFP optics for pay as you grow expansion
- 8GB of deep buffer packet memory and Virtual Output Queue architecture to eliminate the head of line blocking and packet drops due to congestion