Megaplex-4 - Next Generation Multi-service Access Nodes
Central site solution, major building block of RAD’s portfolio for service providers, carriers and utilities, Megaplex-4 functions as a carrier-class, TDM and Ethernet aggregator, as well as a high capacity DS0 cross-connect and next-generation multiservice access node. It transports legacy and next-generation services over any infrastructure for seamless migration. The Megaplex-4 family includes two devices: a larger 10-slot Megaplex-4100 and a compact 4-slot Megaplex-4104. When deployed as a carrier-class Ethernet aggregator, Megaplex-4 can terminate Ethernet traffic carried over E1/T1/SHDSL/SHDSL.bis/fiber links or native Ethernet copper and fiber, as well as through a VCG in the SDH/SONET circuits. This traffic can then be switched either to a different PDH/TDM trunk or to Ethernet ports. With RAD’s Service Assured Access (SAA) capabilities, Megaplex-4 provides Carrier Ethernet functionalities, such as traffic management (TM), standards-based operations, Administration and Monitoring and Performance Monitoring (OAM&P).
Using pseudowire, Megaplex-4 provides legacy services over packet-switched networks (PSN) making it a fundamental building block in RAD’s Service Migration Hybrid Access solution. Megaplex-4 converts the data stream from TDM/serial modules in the MP-4100/4104 chassis (E1/T1, SHDSL, data or voice ports) into IP or MPLS packets for transmission over Ethernet, IP or MPLS networks.
Ideal core/edge solution for migration to packet
The Megaplex-4’s ability to handle a broad range of Ethernet, data and voice services, as well as a large variety of network technologies, in a single compact managed node, makes it an ideal solution for carriers and service providers. The device also provides a perfect fit for large enterprises, utilities, and transportation companies who require an efficient way to transport and provision multiple legacy and next-generation services over their high capacity pipes. Megaplex-4 can be used as a central aggregation unit for TDM and Ethernet CPEs that are connected over various access link technologies, e.g., HSDSL and SDH/SONET.
The Megaplex-4 is available with a cable management solution to reduce storage space and handling, and eliminate cable waste.
- Carrier-class multiservice platform: Ethernet services, high speed, low speed, analog voice, data, fiber multiplexing, and pseudowire connectivity
- Central solution aggregating Ethernet and TDM services over fiber/copper from RAD CPEs towards SDH/SONET and/or PSN core networks
- MEF CE 2.0 certified, support of MEF applications: Ethernet Private Line (EPL/EVPL),
- Ethernet Private LAN (EP-LAN/EVP-LAN) and E-TREE, with the flexible mapping of user traffic into Ethernet flows
- Distributed network functions virtualization (D-NFV) for rapid rollout of new services and network capabilities
- Certified for IEEE-1613