MiNID - Miniature Programmable Network Interface Device
RAD’s MiCLK® is the world’s first Grandmaster on an SFP, allowing easy upgrades for existing base stations and backhaul equipment to support IEEE 1588 for LTE/LTE-A and future 5G deployments.
Best-in-class performance monitoring (PM) probe
Part of RAD’s vCPE Toolbox portfolio, the MiNID enriches the Service Assured Access offering with software-defined functionalities for enhanced demarcation, remote monitoring and fault isolation, as well as remote packet capture and micro-burst measurement capabilities. MiNID also provides instant upgrades for legacy switches and routers, as well as for vCPE platforms and COTS servers. This helps service providers, mobile operators, and wholesale carriers introduce new services quickly and with a better quality of experience (QoE) while increasing operational efficiency and lowering costs. Remotely managed via CLI, web interface and SNMP, it features zero-touch provisioning for fast and simple installation and does not require dedicated training.
- Field programmable Network Interface Device (NID) for service providers, wholesalers, and mobile operators
- Part of RAD’s Distributed Network Functions Virtualization (D-NFV) portfolio
- Patent-protected design for seamless integration and enhancement of any existing network device
- Service demarcation, SLA assurance, and diagnostic tools at Layer 2, 3, and 4
- Low OpEx due to decreased power consumption, space and installation costs