MiRICi-155 - Smart SFP Gigabit Ethernet over STM-1/OC-3 Converter
MiRICi-155 is a state-of-the-art network termination unit that bridges between Gigabit Ethernet networks and STM-1/OC-3 networks, providing simple, efficient, and cost-effective Gigabit Ethernet connectivity over SDH/SONET networks.
Hot-swappable smart SFP converter
The miniature Ethernet over STM-1/OC-3 converter provides TDM connectivity to any Ethernet device with an SFP (small form-factor pluggable) compatible GbE port. Hot-swappable and software-configurable, the intelligent SFP converter is a fully managed device supporting standard GFP encapsulation. It delivers a complete Ethernet over SDH/SONET solution in a finger-sized SFP enclosure and enables a quick rollout of new Ethernet services over legacy TDM infrastructure. The MiRICi-155 is part of RAD’s “System on an SFP” product line.
- Gigabit-to-STM-1/OC-3 bridge
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity over SDH/SONET networks
- Standard GFP encapsulation
- Fault propagation to LAN link
- Inband and out-of-band management for configuration, monitoring, and diagnostics
- I2C management interface for simple management integration with host devices