MiRICi-E1/T1, MiRICi-E3/T3, MiRIC-ML/E1, T1 - Smart SFP Ethernet to E1/T1 or E3/T3 Remote Bridges
RAD’s MiRICi-E1/T1, MiRICi-E3/T3, and MiRIC-ML/E1/T1 connect Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet LANs over framed or unframed E1 or T1 circuits, or over framed T3 links.
FE or GbE over TDM with GFP, HDLC
The smart SFP miniature remote bridges provide TDM connectivity to any Ethernet device with an SFP (small form-factor pluggable) compatible Fast Ethernet or GbE port. Hot-swappable and software-configurable, the intelligent SFPs are fully managed devices supporting standard GFP encapsulation, as well as HDLC and cHDLC. MiRIC-ML supports PPP and ML-PPP, with the vAccess VNF as the virtualized service engine. They deliver a complete Ethernet over PDH solution in finger-sized SFP enclosures and enable a quick rollout of new Ethernet services over legacy TDM infrastructure. The MiRICi-E1/T1, MiRICi-E3/T3, and MiRIC-ML are part of RAD’s vCPE Toolkit. They provide simple and cost-effective alternatives to external, standalone bridge units or conversion cards for user devices, saving on space, cabling and power consumption, and simplifying management.
- E1/T1 connectivity to any Ethernet device with SFP MSA-compatible socket
- Full duplex, E1/T1 wire-speed packet forwarding
- GFP, RAD HDLC, and cHDLC encapsulation
- VLAN support according to 802.1p, including VLAN stacking (Q-in-Q) capabilities, allowing traffic separation and prioritization
- Fault propagation to LAN link
- Inband and out-of-band management for configuration, monitoring, and diagnostics
- I2C management interface for simple management integration with host devices