RICi-16 - Ethernet over Bonded PDH NTU
The RICi-16 connects Fast Ethernet LANs over multiple bonded PDH links, enabling service providers to extend high capacity Ethernet-based services to remote locations.
MEF EPL and EVPL services over bonded PDH
The RICi-16 is also ideal for backhauling Ethernet traffic from IP Node Bs and IP DSLAMs over copper-based or microwave PDH connections. Employing standard Ethernet over NG-PDH technology, the RICi-16 improves overall network availability by reducing latency and optimizing line utilization and throughput. The RICi-16 is MEF-certified for Ethernet Private Line and Ethernet Virtual Private Line services. It is equipped with advanced Ethernet SLA capabilities for handling multi-priority traffic, ensuring latency, jitter, and packet delivery performance on a per-flow basis. The RICi-16 features a “pay-as-you-grow” license model, allowing the addition of E1/T1 links according to evolving bandwidth requirements.
- Ethernet traffic over 16 bonded E1 or T1 ports or two clear channel T3 ports, using Ethernet over NG-PDH protocols
- MEF-9/MEF-14 certified, supporting EPL and EVPL services with the flexible mapping of user traffic into Ethernet flows
- Enhanced QoS mechanism and flow-based provisioning (service multiplexing) with advanced traffic management
- Monitoring and diagnostic tools for quick fault isolation on TDM and Ethernet ports
- Complete Ethernet OAM solution based on IEEE 802.3-2005 (formerly 802.3ah), IEEE 802.1ag and ITU-T Y.1731