RICi-4E1, RICi-4T1, RICi-8E1, RICi-8T1 - Ethernet over Four or Eight E1 or T1 NTUs
RAD’s RICi-4E1, RICi-4T1, RICi-8E1, and RICi-8T1 deliver mid-band and Fast Ethernet services over up to eight bonded E1 or T1 circuits.
MEF EPL services over bonded PDH
Employing various standard bonding technologies to create a scalable, virtual channel from individual E1 or T1 circuits, these devices improve overall network availability by reducing latency and optimizing line utilization and throughput. RAD’s RICi NTUs support a large variety of applications, including transparent inter-LAN connectivity, direct internet access, and Ethernet Private Line, as well as IP DSLAM and WiMAX base station backhaul. The devices are deployed in point-to-point or hub-and-spoke topologies, providing a cost-effective, high-performance solution for mid-band and Fast Ethernet services over legacy PDH/SDH/SONET backbones.
- Connecting Fast Ethernet LANs over up to four or eight bonded E1 or T1 circuits utilizing Multilink PPP, bridging the bandwidth gap between E1/T1 and E3/T3
- Certified by the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) for MEF 9 EPL
- VLAN tagging, stacking and stripping fully separate Ethernet user traffic from management data
- Monitoring diagnostic tools for quick fault isolation on TDM and Ethernet ports
- Bidirectional fault propagation of MLPPP link errors to the Ethernet port and Ethernet port errors to the MLPPP port