RSD-10 - Programmable Sharing Device
RAD's RSD-10 programmable sharing device enables multiple modems or terminals to share a master modem, a multiplexer or a computer point in a multipoint environment. The RSD-10 programmable sharing device supports up to eight DCEs/DTEs. The unit operates transparently at a data rate of up to 19.2 Kbps, synchronously or asynchronously.
Three clock modes are supported: Internal, External from the main channel, External from DCE connected to sub-channel 1. A built-in buffer overcomes clock differences between the modem clocks connected to the sub-channels and the RSD-10 main channel transmit clock. An additional buffer can be switch-selected for equipment which must provide a clock to multiple sub-channels. (Examples are D.D.S. in the U.S., any digital service in other countries, or modems that cannot be set to an external clock.) Information is broadcasted by the main channel to all sub-channels in parallel. Sub-channels contend to transmit to the main channel by activating RTS/DCD, or by data
transition (strap-selectable). If the RTS/DCD or data of a sub-channel is active, the sub-channels transmit data and control signals are connected to the main channel. When RTS/DCD drops or data transmission ceases, the control circuitry switches to monitor other sub-channels.
- Operates with any combination of 8 DTEs or DCEs
- Synchronous or asynchronous up to 19.2 kbps
- RTS/DCD or data contention
- DCE/DTE switch for main and each sub-channel
- Automatic disabling of sub-channel in event of streaming
- Individual sub-channel manual disable switches
- Internal or external clocks
- 1U height for minimal rack space
- Easy to install and configure