SPH-16 - SFP Patch Hub
The SPH-16 is a managed SFP patch hub that connects up to 16 Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps) and Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) copper sockets (RJ-45) to any standard SFP device.
Multi-port media converter
Compatible with any standard Ethernet switch featuring RJ-45 connectors, the SFP-16 can act as a multi-port media converter enabling carriers to maintain a unified service over fiber and copper infrastructure. The SPH-16 houses RAD’s special “System on an SFP” devices, including the MiRICi-E1/T1 and MiRICi-E3/T3 miniature Ethernet over TDM remote bridges, as well as the MiTOP-E1/T1 and MiTOP-E3/T3 SFP-format TDM pseudowire gateways.
- Converts 16 Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet copper ports to SFP sockets
- Supports any third-party standard SFP device
- Fully transparent Layer 1 wire-speed conversion eliminates store and forward delays
- Provides fault propagation to LAN link
- Supports SNMP management to interface with I2C parameters of standard SFP