- Supports up to six 64 kbps channels
- One or two data ports support total bandwidth of 384 kbps
- IIntegrated ISDN (BRI) or external TAs
- Supports ISDN backup of high speed leased lines (up to 256 kbps)
- Provides Bandwidth On Demand
- Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation
- Operates over a combination of switched and non-switched lines
- Support for Euro-ISDN , 5ESS, National ISDN (NI1), DMS-100 and NTT
- Supports "S" and "U" interfaces
- Supports S0 leased line
- Supports BONDING 1, 2 and 3 protocol specifications
- Differential delay of up to 512 msec
- Configuration via front panel or control port
- Resilient operation with failure recovery
- SNMP support using SLIP protocol
- Software download via Xmodem protocol
The IMX-64 inverse multiplexer provides bandwidth-on-demand for applications such as image transmission, LAN internetworking and videoconferencing.
In addition, it enables automatic backup of high speed leased lines via switched digital services.
The IMX-64 can respond to an applications bandwidth requirements (by protocol monitoring, time-of-day or manual configuration) and automatic connect/disconnect channels, as required.
When a high speed link fails, the IMX-64 will automatically activate the necessary digital links to resume service to the DTE.
The IMX-64 connects to basic rate ISDN services, and supports all popular standards and S and U interfaces for switched services, as well as S leased line interface (S0).
It complies with the BONDING standard for inverse multiplexers, allowing it to operate with other vendors. products.
The IMX-64 supports DTE data rates up to 384 kbps through either one or two ports. DTE interfaces can be V.35, V.24, X.21 or RS-530. Software upgrades can be performed by software download from a PC, via the supervisory port, using XMODEM protocol.
Command-driven software offers complete control of configuration, diagnostics and alarms via the front panel LCD and soft keys, or via a terminal connected to the supervisory port. SNMP over SLIP support is also available.