Bluesocket vWLAN - Centralized WiFi Management - 1951900G1
Bluesocket vWLAN was built from the ground up to solve the challenges associated with hardware-based controllers. vWLAN’s unique distributed, out-of-band, controller-less architecture introduces the concept of splitting the management and control plane from the data plane. vWLAN centralizes management and control in the data center (on a hypervisor) or in the cloud (public or private), and distributes data with intelligent APs that enforce policies at the edge of the network. With vWLAN, there are no single points of failure, bottlenecks, or scalability concerns associated with hardware-based controllers.
Virtual Wireless LAN (vWLAN®)
vWLAN is the only wireless LAN solution with control and management virtualized on software residing on a hypervisor or on a virtual appliance. Rather than deploying hardware controllers to operate a wireless network, vWLAN enables an enterprise to leverage virtualization and eliminates all the constraints and costs of physical hardware controllers.
Unified Access Throughout the Enterprise
The unified user access control software for vWLAN enables the control of users entering the network from wired ports and other manufacturers’ access points. This allows an enterprise to create truly unified wireless and wired network by providing uniform service delivery, a seamless user experience, and consistent authentication irrespective of a user’s access method. The unified user access control software also simplifies administration by allowing all users to be addressed with the same set of policies.
- Cost-effective, globally scalable wireless network
- Unmatched security that's enforced at the edge
- Centralized, cloud-based management for consistent user policies
- Highly-reliable, "zero" packet-loss architecture
- Choice of on-premises or cloud-based deployment options (VMware or hardware appliance) or via ProCloud Wi-Fi
- Virtualized management and control allowing deployment in a data center or the cloud
- Distributed data architecture with intelligent APs that enforce security at the edge
- Supports multiple tenants or business entities on a single vWLAN instance
- Built-in Guest Access and Wireless-Intrusion Detection System (W-IDS) modules
- Unified user access control for integrated wired-wireless user management
- Simplified upgrades
- Portfolio of plug-and-play 802.11n and 802.11ac APs
- Support for Apple Bonjour-based services, Apple Captive Network Assistant (CNA) and Microsoft’s Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI)